Thursday, January 20, 2011

Max Changmin dishes on kiss scenes during “Paradise Ranch” press conference

The PD and cast members of SBS’s upcoming drama, “Paradise Ranch“, met with reporters at their press conference held on January 18th at the SBS building.
PD Kim Chul Kyu truthfully revealed, “I was quite worried about Changmin’s acting. Every night, I called him into my office and tutored him in acting. Even people who have acted for decades still find trouble with certain elements, and I figured since Changmin’s a rookie, there had to be something he lacked in.”
He continued, “Viewers will feel that his acting isn’t up to par in the beginning episodes of the drama. What’s fortunate is that his acting will quickly become a lot more natural. His role tends to joke around, and is sometimes even cranky, but there’s warmth inside his character. I think those characteristics fit well with Changmin.


Changmin admitted, “Whenever I had a kiss scene, I wasn’t able to eat or sleep the night before. I think I gargled at least a dozen times. I still don’t know why I was so nervous.”
Actress Lee Yeon Hee, who had been listening to Changmin’s shy confession, commented, “I was a bit nervous because he treated Yoo Ha Na with more ease than me.
When asked for his thoughts about the various judgments on his acting that will be made after the broadcast of the first episode, Changmin carefully replied, “There will definitely be some who will view my acting in a negative light. I’ll be taking those criticisms in order to learn from them, since I realize that I am still lacking in some aspects. As long as they’re constructive criticisms, I’m prepared to accept them.
He continued, “However, I worked extremely hard these past six months, so I have no regrets. I’ll be monitoring the episodes every week, and I’m sure I’ll find parts I’d be upset with, but I definitely won’t be disappointed.”
Referring back to the kiss scene, Changmin confessed, “I was already stiff at the fact that I was acting, but the added kiss scene made me even more nervous.
Lee Yeon Hee clarified, “It’s not so much a kiss scene as it is a light peck on the lips. We had fun filming without any pressure. I actually thought it was funny seeing Changmin so nervous.”
Changmin added, “Yeon Hee is my labelmate, as well as my acting senior. She helped by leading me in our kiss scenes, even though I’m the male (laughter).”

Lee Yeon Hee pouted, “I’m still disappointed about why Changmin would have more fun with Yoo Ha Na and even joke around with her, when he’s mostly silent around me.”
She continued, “Still, he did a great job despite it being his first time acting. It was surprising to see how fast he learned, as time went by. We worked extremely well together.
Aside from Changmin and Lee Yeon Hee, “Paradise Ranch” also stars Ju Sang Wook and Yoo Ha Na in a story that uses the beautiful scenery of Jeju Island as a backdrop for love between four youths.
The drama began filming in December 2009, and wrapped up six months later in May of 2010. The drama will air in the time slot of “It’s Okay, Daddy’s Daughter,” starting January 24th.


Source: Newsen, Star News,TV Daily #1 and #2 via Nate
Photos: Sports Korea

No comments:

Post a Comment